Rules & Policies
Supporting our positive atmosphere, all Seminole Pool and Tennis members and guests are expected to:
- respect fellow swimmers, divers and tennis participants at all times
- follow the requests of managers and staff, especially where safety is concerned
- work together to keep the facilities clean, inviting and friendly
We ask you to:
- check in at the front desk every time you come to the pool
- register and pay for guests to cover our liability
- shower before entering pool and after using the toilet facilities
- call to reserve or sign in for court times before using a tennis court
- address questions and concerns with managers first, and then board members
- wear appropriate attire at all time
- refrain from socializing with staff when they are lifeguarding, to ensure the highest safety standards
We do not allow any of the following in any part of the facility:
- profane or foul language
- food, drink or gum outside the concession area
- animals (other than the year-end dog swim)
- glass containers
- running (other than tennis play or team practice)
- moving or interfering with safety equipment
We do not allow any of the following in the pool:
- rough play, such as dunking, pushing, excessive splashing, endangering others with balls or toys
- diving in shallow areas
- backward or sideways jumping from side of pool
- flips, cartwheels or entries that endanger other people
- playing on or jumping in from ladders or steps
- bandages or band-aids
- apparel other than swimsuits
- sitting, pulling or hanging on lane lines
- sitting in lifeguard chair
Diving Well Rules
Open during all open swim times unless indicated. Not open during family Float. One board will be open during evening swim team practices.
- no one is allowed to “catch” another person jumping off a diving board
- swimmers must be able to swim the full width of the diving well unassisted, as observed by a lifeguard
- only one person on the board at a time
- wait to jump off the board until the preceding swimmer reaches the ladder
- only one bounce on the board/no double-bouncing
- no crossing in front of the diver on the other board-swim to the ladder on the same side
- only dive from the front of the board, no diving from the side of the board
- no hanging on the diving board
- no sitting on the diving board
- no handstands or cartwheels on the board
Baby Pool Rules
- children must be 5 years old or younger to use the baby pool
- children must be supervised by an adult
- no climbing on the dolphin
- no excessive splashing
- no aggressive behavior toward other children
- no flotation devices
- only small toys may be used
- children who are not toilet trained must wear an approved swim diaper PLUS plastic pants – these are for sale at the concession stand
- During open swim times, no flotation devices are allowed in the pool. This includes water wings, inner tubes and suits with built-in floatation devices. Members may choose to bring their own coastguard approved lifejacket for young children. However, these children must have immediate, close-range, in-water adult supervision limited to shallow water at all times.
- During Family Float times, use of flotation devices will be permitted at the discretion of lifeguards on duty. All devices must be used appropriately and without harming other patrons.
Tennis Area Rules
The Tennis courts are for playing tennis.
- no food or beverages other than water or clear sports drinks (no soda)
- shoes must be non-marking
- no skateboards, scooters or any wheeled device
- no aggressive behavior
- no damage to courts or nets from misusing equipment, such as slamming a racquet
Lap Swim Times
- Adult Lap Swim is indicated on the weekly calendar. There is also a Lap Lane available at all times during Open Swim.
- Daily 15-minute periods at 1:45, 2:45, 3:45 and 4:45. Adults 18 years of age and older only.
- A child may use the front desk phone briefly in intermittent situations, such as calling for a ride home when weather changes. The pool phone may not be used for personal or social reasons.
- We offer daily and weekly guest passes. We ask that guests do not use the pool more than 5 times each summer. An exception to the limit may be made for out-of-town guests.
- The current daily rates: $5/individual or $15/family.
- The current weekly house guest rates are: $15/individual or $50/family.
Emergency Action Plan
- Anytime you hear 3 or 4 short whistles or a PA announcement clearing the pool, please exit immediately at the nearest wall. Whether a drill or an emergency, we appreciate your cooperation in ensuring the safety and quality of your pool environment.
- The pool will be closed for weather if there is any thunder or lightening.
- We must stay closed 30 min after the last heard thunder and 45 minutes after the last seen lightening.
- Swim and dive lessons will also be cancelled if the temperature is less than 60 degrees.
Managers, coaches, lifeguards and board members are authorized to ask any member or guest to leave the premises for failing to observe any of the above rules. We always strive to warn people of problematic behavior before requesting they leave. However, we will immediately remove any member or guest who compromises safety in any way.