2022 Update: Swim, dive, and tennis lessons will be offered this summer. The first session begins Monday, June 13. Registration will open Thursday, June 9.
Swim lessons at Seminole emphasize fun and development, so kids learn how to stay safe while building a lifelong love of swimming.
All member children can enroll in one swim lesson per session, which is included in membership fees.
We teach a rigorous multilevel approach to swim lessons. We also offer a parent-and-child lesson for children under age 3.
We have morning (10:30-1:30) and evening (5-6:30) lesson times, Monday through Thursday. Lessons for Parent-Tot through Level 3 are approximately 20-30 minutes, and levels 4 through 6 are approximately 40 minutes.
2022 Session Dates:
June 13 – June 23
June 27 – July 7
July 11 – July 21
July 25 – August 4
These guides will help you consider the right level for your child, but your best bet is to talk to a manager to determine the ideal spot for your child.
- Parent Tot: Parents and children in the water, singing songs and working on basic water comfort skills
- Level 1: Front and back float, retrieving objects, introduction to arms and kicking
- Level 2: Development of front crawl and back crawl arms and leg coordination and strength
- Level 3: Strength of front and back crawl, rhythmic breathing, elementary backstroke
- Level 4: Development of all strokes
- Level 5: Flip turns, lap swimming, stroke refinement
- Level 6: Endurance and stroke training, experience in other skills: diving, rescue skills
All lessons questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.