2020 UPDATE: Due to COVID-19, we are currently unable to offer Swim Lessons.
The Board continues to assess the feasibility of opening up lessons at some point this summer. Check back periodically for updates!
Swim lessons at Seminole emphasize fun and development, so kids learn how to stay safe while building a lifelong love of swimming.
All member children can enroll in one swim lesson per session, which is included in membership fees.
We teach a rigorous multilevel approach to swim lessons. We also offer a parent-and-child lesson for children under age 3.
We have morning (10:30-1:30) and evening (5-6:30) lesson times, Monday through Thursday. Lessons for Parent-Tot through Level 3 are 30 minutes, and levels 4 through 6 are approximately 45 minutes.
These guides will help you consider the right level for your child, but your best bet is to talk to a manager to determine the ideal spot for your child.
- Parent Tot: Parents and children in the water, singing songs and working on basic water comfort skills
- Level 1: Front and back float, retrieving objects, introduction to arms and kicking
- Level 2: Development of front crawl and back crawl arms and leg coordination and strength
- Level 3: Strength of front and back crawl, rhythmic breathing, elementary backstroke
- Level 4: Development of all strokes
- Level 5: Flip turns, lap swimming, stroke refinement
- Level 6: Endurance and stroke training, experience in other skills: diving, rescue skills
All lessons questions should be directed to [email protected]